Friday 27 March 2009

Introduction

My name is Rod Ward and I have been a professional violin, viola and cello maker since 1976. I use traditional techniques to hand craft high quality instruments from the finest materials. I make my instruments in the style and finish of the old masters. My instruments are owned by professional players, students and amateurs alike.

I have a website www.wardviolins.com with information about my instruments and my work. There is also an informative photo essay about the process of making a viola on the site.

I will be using this blog as a kind of online diary, somewhere to publish information about what is happening in the workshop and instrument making in general.

3 comments:

  1. Nice website, what are you making at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am currently working on Gasparo da Salo model viola with a back length of 15 5\8th", 398 mm. The viola will have double purfling and clover leaf purfling patterns, as on the viola page on my website. I will be posting some shots of its progress on this blog as it develops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the new workshop coming on? When do the courses start?

    ReplyDelete